Specialist Teachers are educators with Early Childhood Teaching qualifications. They work with families and children aged 0 to 7 years old, who have an Early Intervention Fund Plan under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Is your child having difficulties in any of these areas of development – social, emotional, self-help, physical (gross or fine motor), thinking and attention, language and literacy? Specialist teachers can help your child in all these areas to become a more confident learner and participant in everyday life.
At Fairstart Early Intervention Specialist Teachers will:
- Respect and observe the “whole” child and adapt learning experiences to suit each child individually
- Seek out the strengths and interests of your child as ways to build on his or her self-esteem and motivation to learn
- Work closely with the family and follow the family’s priorities for their child Support and combine strategies and goals you may have set with Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, etc, in order to enhance consistency with outcomes and learning for your child
- Provide ideas, information and resources to support your child at home with you or at children’s services, at school or at a range of community settings
- Conduct informal, functional assessments on your child
- Support children and families through the Transition to School process, including identifying skill gaps and supporting the child to learn skills to cope with the challenges of school settings
If you have difficulties accessing our services in person, we also provide online video therapy (Telehealth).
Get in touch
If you feel therapy could be beneficial for your child, contact us on 9725 0393 today to discuss the best pathway for your family.
You don’t need a referral from a GP or Paediatrician, although this may help offset the cost of therapy.
Fairfield City Council is a registered NDIS and Medicare provider and some families may be eligible for financial support.
Join the Fairstart Early Intervention Waitlist